Balconies are lovely but are they “worth it”? I get this question multiple times per week. We’ve cruised in everything from the cheapest interior to a Grand 1-Bedroom Suite.
No one can answer that, except for you. I am here to help and get you to think about different factors to determine the worth to you!
For an Alaska Cruise, I absolutely recommend a balcony! Alaska Ports of Call – Cruising Guide
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I like privacy and want my own space, or am I ok with taking in views from public decks?
- Would I enjoy waking up to see the sun rise from my balcony and having breakfast & coffee on my balcony?
- Would I enjoy a quick nap on my private balcony listening to the ocean?
- How much time will I spend in my room? Am I going to want to explore the ship and all the activities that are offered?
- If I don’t get a balcony, how would I spend the extra money? Could it go towards my next cruise?
- Am I claustrophobic and need fresh air?
- Would I enjoy watching port sail aways from my balcony?
- Would I enjoy some extra cabin space versus an interior or window cabin?
- Would I enjoy reading a book on the balcony?
- Would I enjoy watching the sunset from my balcony?
- Is this a special occasion that I’m willing to splurge on?
Here are some of our balcony experiences:
Aft-Facing (HUGE) Balcony (Verandah) on Disney Dream – 6690
Our HUGE balcony cabin on Carnival Mardi Gras!
1 comment / Add your comment below